Seniors With Delinquent Electric Bills Can Receive Help
Posted on Mar 1st, 2012
Households may qualify if they meet the following criteria:
Have a total household gross income below 150 percent of the Federal Poverty Guidelines;
- Have at least one member who is 60 years or older;
- Reside in Hillsborough County;
- Are a U.S. Citizen, qualified alien or permanent resident of the U.S; and
- Have a recent past due or final notice energy bill.
Additional requirements may be necessary for eligibility determination. Applicants will be informed of these requirements at the time of application.
How To Apply
- Applications are accepted at a local Neighborhood Service Center.
- Proof of income for all household members for the last 30 days. This proof can be a pay check stub, employer letter, public assistance check, Supplementary Security Income check, unemployment check or a pension check stub.
- Proof of home energy obligation or electric bill.
- Picture identification.
- Proof of Hillsborough County residency, such as: valid driver’s license with current address, a letter from your landlord or mortgage company, voter’s registration card, etc.
Residents can apply at their local Neighborhood Service Centers. This is the one closest to New Tampa Patch's coverage area.
- University Community Resource Center, 13605 N. 22nd St. in Tampa, (813) 975-2153